Monday, June 13, 2016

Stripes & Cold Shoulder
















Happy Monday!

I  just got this shirt and have been dying to wear it. Last week we had a semi-cool day so it was perfect to wear considering it has sleeves. I was worried the weather would be too warm to wear it until fall. This shirt is from Banana Republic and I just love everything about it. 

First, I love the off-the-shoulder. I seem to be buying a lot of shirts like this now so in addition to the pink one I posted last week, I still have one more to post later this week. Second, I love the stripes. It just gives it a little something extra. At first I thought they were navy stripes, but they are actually black, hence the black shoes. I think you could even say a dark grey when you look at it close in person. Third, I love the ties on the sleeves. To me it gives off a nautical feel. Fourth, I love the buttons down the back--very cute! And lastly, I love how it comes up on the sides and not just one length all around. I feel it's more flattering this way. 

I do, however, have a confession about the shirt. I had it taken in on the sides because for me, it was way too wide and it wasn't as flattering for my body type. It made me look very heavy in the middle and I don't like that. I prefer things slightly more fitted. 

Shirt ~ Banana Republic ~ size small
I see that they don't have the stripe one online right now but here is the same one in white 
30% off purchase-use code BRDAD

Jeans ~ Paige ~ size 27 ~ similar here 

Shoes ~ Aldo ~ wearing size 7 (down a half size than usual)

Bag ~ Michael Kors  

Ring with birth stone ~ Alex and Ani 

Watch ~ DKNY 

Other silver ring ~ Michael Kors ~ older ~ really like this one 

Bracelet ~ Michael Kors 

Have a good night!

~Michelle 

*This post was not sponsored.


No comments:

Post a Comment