Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Create & Cultivate Conference


Hi guys! Hope you all had a great weekend! On Saturday I attended the Create & Cultivate conference in NYC and thought I would share a review on it today. First off, since I started my blog I have always been on the lookout for a conference to attend. If you've been following me, you know that I wanted to attend the Alt Summit but it got sold out. I then found another conference I attended in February which wasn't what I had in mind. Here is the review from that one. Then a couple months ago I saw on the site of one of the bloggers I follow that she spoke at a Create & Cultivate conference in Florida. I checked it out and saw that they were having another conference in NYC in May. I was beyond excited! 

This definitely met my expectations in terms of the kind of conference I wanted to attend. It had everything to do with blogging/entrepreneurship.  When I signed up I had the choice of choosing the GA (general admission) ticket or a VIP ticket. I couldn't afford the VIP at this time so obviously had to pick the GA. Once the event got closer you were mailed a box with your badge, a pin, notebook, pen, and your track (schedule). If I had gone with the VIP, I would have been able to pick which track I wanted.

I ended up with Track 1 which is good because it had a focus on creating content and getting yourself out there in terms of blogging. Track 2 was more for established bloggers. My schedule was jammed pack from 8am to 8pm. There were tons of things to do and see. I actually couldn't fit it all in! There were so many speakers that I was excited to hear such as Andi Dorfman, Helena Glazer from the Brooklyn Blonde, and Kat Tanita from With Love From Kat. There were pop-up shops such as French Connection and Kopari which I received awesome samples from. Kendra Scott herself was also there along with an airstream of some of her most beautiful jewelry and also new home decor. I can't forget about Birchbox where you can make your own box with five samples to bring home! I was ecstatic about that part!

I also have to mention that the Laura Mercier team was there touching up your makeup before you get a new headshot. If you've never tried her makeup, you are missing out! I have been using several products of hers for years and just added some new samples I got as a gift. And what headshot wouldn't be complete without getting your hair done?! Yes, that's right--attendees were able to get their hair done by beGlammed. I would share my headshot on here but unfortunately it's still not up on the site where they are being displayed. :(

I had the best time at this conference and can't wait to attend another one. The gift bag I received at the end of the night was amazing! There was jewelry, makeup, and skin products plus a ton of coupons! They surly did not disappoint. I cannot wait to try everything!

Below are some photos I took. I did not bring my camera so these shots are off my phone so please the excuse the lighting and messy angles. Ha! 












How gorgeous is this necklace!! I want it! 


Andi Dorfman speaking! :)


Love all the pretty colors! 




Love Papyrus! I buy their cards all the time! 


Love how this was decorated! So pretty!





I will take all please! 


This was so cute with the candy mixed in! 



If you have any questions about the conference, let me know in the comments! 

Hope you all have a wonderful day! 

Thanks for reading!

~Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment