Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Night Time Face Products






Hello ladies! So sorry I've been MIA. Since I got back from GA, my schedule has been off and I'm trying to get back on track in catching up on things. I'm also preparing to move in with my boyfriend this week or next! Yay!! :) So now begins the great fun of packing. It will definitely be a crazy few weeks but once I'm settled and can develop a routine, I will be aiming for more than the one post a week I've been doing. I have been writing down some ideas for posts so I am really excited to work on those in the new few months! So please bare with me in the next 2-4 weeks. :)

Now that I got ya caught up...let's talk about the face products I use at night. The pictures are what I am currently using minus one or two. I also mix it up when I get samples from Sephora. 

The first step I do is remove my eye makeup with the oil-free eye makeup remove by up&up. I have tried several brands from high-end to drugstore and find that this one works pretty good for me so far. My issue is trying to find one that takes off my mascara. I don't even use waterproof and still find that there is always residue left. The one I'm using is the closest thing so far that works.

Next, I use a makeup wipe to get most of my makeup off before I cleanse. I like to use these wipes by Ology. My skin is senstive and I don't like products that are very fragrant. These are hypoallergenic and fragrance free and they don't irritate my skin. 

After that, I then wash my face. I am currently using the Purifying Face Cleanser with Probiotic Technology by Tula. I tried this after I saw it on another blogger's site. I really like and have been using it for a few months now. Another favorite cleanser of mine is the Clear Complexion Cleanser by Boscia. I'm still getting breakouts even now in my 30s so I think this one works very well too. I will also swap in some samples of different cleansers to see what other options there are. 

For eye cream I am currently using Plantscription Anti-Aging Eye Treatment by Origins. I like this product because it doesn't burn underneath my eyes as I've had some do. It also has a list of things that it doesn't contain such as parabens, sulfates, petrochemicals, and more. Again, I will also try out a sample I get to see what else it out there. Another eye cream that I have used in the past and will use again is the Advanced Night Repair Eye Cream by Estee Lauder. As I approach my mid-30s (ahhh!) I need something that will help with the signs of aging. This cream fights dark circles and fine lines which is what I look for.

While we are on the subject of eyes, I had started using about a month ago, the Enhancements Lash Boost from Roden + Fields. For best results it says to use for 8 weeks. Since I've only used it for about 4, I don't want to say whether I like it or not yet. I will have to get back to ya on that. 

Another new product I started using is the Dr. Brant Skincare needles no more 3-D LIP PLUMPfix. It has one part for am which is the plumping and the other part is for pm which is the moisturizing. I like this product so far. I haven't used it consistently every night and day. I sometimes forget but I also want to same the am part on the weekends or when I go somewhere and want my lips to look a little bigger. Ha!

For serums/moisturizers after cleansing I have been trying a lot of different ones. I have a few faves so far. The first one is Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil by Drunk Elephant. I love this stuff! A lot of oils leave a greasy feel to your skin, but this one doesn't which is why I'm obsessed! Another bonus for me is that it's natural and fragrance free! If you stop in Sephora, you must ask for a sample of this to try! Another product I loved is the Indigo Soothing Triple Recovery Cream by Tatcha. I know the price is steep but if you read all the benefits---so many to list here---it's worth the price. Plus a little goes a long way. Again, go in Sephora and ask for a sample of it before buying. And throwing in one more fave which is the Pure Truth Vitamin C Youth Activating Oil by Ole Henriksen. OMG! This stuff not only smells amaaaazzing but it is great for dry skin which I defnitely have. It really does leave a glow on my face and don't we all need that?! 

And the last product you see in the pics above is the No7 Beautiful Skin Refreshing Toner. I acutally use this on my neck, chest, and back. I do this to get any residue left over and because I tend to break out sometimes on the chest/back region. I like this toner because it doesn't dry your skin out and of course it's fragrance free! 

What are some of your favorite products?

Thanks for reading!!

~Michelle 







9 comments:

  1. Love me a good beauty review! Tula has great items, I would have to agree!
    Becky
    cellajane.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me a good beauty review! Tula has great items, I would have to agree!
    Becky
    cellajane.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! really nice :)

    http://www.vindiebaby.com/blog/index/index
    Vintage Girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. This review is really helpful and makes me feel that I should be more particular about my night routines. Mostly I skip stuff.
    Thanks for sharing.
    xx
    -Vaishali
    http://www.vivaciouswish.com/2017/03/01/oasis-spring-seasons-teal-hue/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading this. Please check out my post on street style AW17!

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    Instagram @alionawithlove

    YouTube @alionawithlove

    ReplyDelete