Tuesday, January 24, 2017

An H&M kind of day.....













Hello ladies! Hope this week is off to a good start for ya! I am so excited that in two weeks from today I will be in Georgia attending The Southern C Summit! It is my first conference and I'm hoping to learn a lot so that when I get back this little blog of mine can start growing. I will do a review of the conference and hotel on the blog when I get back. 

Now on to the outfit! The sweater, jacket, and scarf are all from H&M. The sweater is a light green which I know is a little hard to tell in the light. The weather was not the greatest that day. I bought all in the store about two weeks ago and while the sweater is still available online, I cannot find the jacket in green or scarf which makes me so mad! It has only been two weeks!!!! Perhaps they are still available in store but online they only have the jacket available in grey or black and both are on sale for under $20. I apologize! I really hate when I can't link the exact item for you guys. 

So I have been sweater crazy this season and while I do prefer tops that are on the longer side, I've been drawn lately to more of a crop style. At least in my eyes this is like a crop...you will not see me in a top above my belly button unless of course it's summer and I'm on the beach! Ha! I wasn't sure how I was going to like the "puffier" sleeves but I think it works since the sweater is short. I'm a jeans kinda gal so I think it works well especially with some kind of heel to make you look longer. I feel that clothes that are "puffier" can tend to make you look heavy..at least for me...so I like to make sure I'm in some kind of heel so that I look taller and leaner. I'm 5'5 1/2 ....(yes I included the half-lol) in case anyone was wondering my height for reference reasons. I also think this sweater would look so cute with a pencil skirt. Am I right?? :) The blush pink scarf has been my fave lately. I love that I can just throw it on and not have to worry about wrapping it. And for the coat...well it's green...so naturally I had to have it. I spotted it and just loved the color. I had to try it on for a bit because I wasn't sure about the style as it is one I normally don't wear. But this year has been a first for many things so I decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did. It's easy to throw on and looks super cute with just about anything. 

Sweater ~ H&M Under $30 and comes in 3 other colors!! 

Coat ~ H&M ~ in either grey or black and very similar green one here (on sale for under $40!)

Scarf ~ H&M ~ similar here

Jeans ~ Paige

Booties ~ DSW

Bag ~ Inzi ~ similar here 

xoxo
~Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment